Cardiovascular Inflammation Reduction Trial
- Patient Population – Patients must have a history of coronary artery disease and either type 2 diabetes OR metabolic syndrome.
- Study Description – The aim of this study is to reduce rates of myocardial infarction, stroke or cardiovascular disease. The study will last approximately 4 years with visits close to every 4 months. The study will include blood draws, physical exams, vital signs, EKGs, 6 meter walk test, urine collection and study drug dispensing. All study related testing will be completed at no cost to the patient. Compensation may occur for qualified patients.
- Sponsor – Bringham & Women's Hospital; CIRT
- Contact Information – (402) 384 – 2705, MPCHeartConsultantsResearch@nmhs.org
- Clinical Trials Government Link